movies
In 30 Tagen kommt mein Mädel vorbei. Da sie dafür ihr Englisch aufbessern muss gibts heute nen Bericht in Englisch. Wer Probleme mit dem Englisch hat kann www.dict.cc zu Rate ziehen :)
Due to my illness I had quite enough time to watch some movies. I watched "Der ewige Gaertner / the constant gardener" a very interesting movie I must recomend everybody. Somehow I have the feeling that realy critical films need unknown actors.Anyway - it's frightening to see what power could do and how everybody could be manipulated.
A good addition could be "Warloards" - defenitely not a funny movie but it shows very impressively the way money goes if it isn't stopped by moralety and responsebility.
It's interesting that this idea isn't that new. Some weeks ago I visited the appartheid museum - a quite nice museum as I told ya before. They took quite a great effort to show the very beginnings and causes of the appartheid. One interesting note, mentioned only as a sideline, was that the fast and aggressive growing of the goldmining industries was financed by european banks. They bought all the mining rights to exploit this ritch country. The tent villages of the poor goldmine workers were the foundament of the so called townships, where based on the hatress between the races the appartheid was born.
We, the civilized countries, aren't that civilized - even thou we have supperior technologies and know-how...
p.s. Thx Pelle for supplying me with some serious movies, I enjoyed them very much, especially "Kommisar 00-Schneider" and the "King of Queens" movies maybe you must give Steffi some new stuff before she comes visiting me :)
Due to my illness I had quite enough time to watch some movies. I watched "Der ewige Gaertner / the constant gardener" a very interesting movie I must recomend everybody. Somehow I have the feeling that realy critical films need unknown actors.Anyway - it's frightening to see what power could do and how everybody could be manipulated.
A good addition could be "Warloards" - defenitely not a funny movie but it shows very impressively the way money goes if it isn't stopped by moralety and responsebility.
It's interesting that this idea isn't that new. Some weeks ago I visited the appartheid museum - a quite nice museum as I told ya before. They took quite a great effort to show the very beginnings and causes of the appartheid. One interesting note, mentioned only as a sideline, was that the fast and aggressive growing of the goldmining industries was financed by european banks. They bought all the mining rights to exploit this ritch country. The tent villages of the poor goldmine workers were the foundament of the so called townships, where based on the hatress between the races the appartheid was born.
We, the civilized countries, aren't that civilized - even thou we have supperior technologies and know-how...
p.s. Thx Pelle for supplying me with some serious movies, I enjoyed them very much, especially "Kommisar 00-Schneider" and the "King of Queens" movies maybe you must give Steffi some new stuff before she comes visiting me :)

7 Comments:
I recently downloaded Tsotsi, a film about crimial youth in Jobourg. The movie made by South Africans and started also in Schauburg Cinema. Hopefully your parents have no knowledge of this. Because the film ist very violent.
:) yeah i've seen that movie here in the shelves - it won an oscar I think... but is it interesting or only brutal?
It might be both. Check out the schauburg website. But its rated for Teens older than 12 so it might be not to harsh in terms of voilence
There are a lot of pure emotions in the movie, to both sides, positive an negative. But there is a semigood ending. Its definitly worth watching it and maybe you know the subway station where some scenes were shooted.
You can also see that Africa is very beautiful. This is what I most like about Afican movies.
And there soundtrack is just great. Maybe you can write sometime about african popmusic and post some links. Might be interesting for me.
ok that sounds good, i think i'll have to hire the video and watch it on a quiet evening.
but i'm sorry i can't tell you anything about pop music in sa. in our radio we hear the same music as in germany i would even say our radio channel is very similar to swr3... so i have realy no contact to the local music scene.
but yes africa is nice. whenever we travel arround i discover a new thing. This weekend we went climbing and i've seen some realy pretty cactus or some kind of flower growing on a dead trea - there's always something interesting :)
hallo könnt ihr wieder deutsch schreiben. ich werde genügend englisch in 2 wochen haben. dann kann ich jetzt noch relaxen mit dem englisch :-)
Hi, möchte dir ja nicht wiedersprechen, but every day you hear , write or speak english is your practise. The more you get before Afrika, the better you can enjouy your trip.
Ich weiß hört sich jetzt scheiße an, wollte es auch nicht glauben, habs aber in den letzten Monaten selbst erlebt. Und muß sagen das es funktioniert. In Luxemburg haben wir mit nem Franzosen gesprochen, was er erzählt hat hab ich schon verstanden. Nur konnt ich echt nichts dazu sagen. Und das ist echt ein komisches Gefühl.
So try it.
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home